Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food Technology

Holidays at the beach, and this year we are enjoying a faster internet connection than many New Zealanders experience in the city. We are making the most of the fibre rollout around the Coromandel and are catching up on all kinds of recreational web surfing that got put aside in the busyness of the year just gone.

We discovered one piece of technology that made us laugh when we walked down the beach to Luke's Kitchen for dinner.  Luke has been enterprising and has started up a pizza place out of a caravan and a lean-to he built that kinda reminds us of eateries in Phuket.  He says he built it himself using bamboo out of the bush behind (it is at the foot of the Black Jack Hill). He also has live music provided by friends playing in the garage alongside. The pizzas are fabulous and the million dollar view over the Bay makes it a great night out.

After placing our order over the counter in the caravan, the waitress attached the Post-it to a pully and whisked it outside to the oven.  I pulled out my iPhone to grab a few photos and put together this movie.

I have been experimenting with a fun piece of movie making software from Aquafadas called "KidsMotion". These guys keep rolling out cool apps that are must haves for schools.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a fun programme. maybe even I could learn to use it! :-)
    Very enterprising indeed of Luke. He will go far. The place even looks like it's overseas.
    The pizzas look scrummy and I don't even like pizza!
    Hope the holiday was restful for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    My name is Carly Pugh, and I am a student of Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I have been assigned to comment on your blog, and I must say, it is spectacular!
    I am quite the beach bum myself, and have always wanted to visit New Zealand. Reading this post and watching the video made me feel like I was there! It looks and sounds like a great place to go on holiday.
    I also read your post "Wireless Solution" and am very excited for you and your school that you now have a wireless network; it is so convenient and there are so many more possibilities with it. If you would like, you may visit my blog as well by clicking on my name at the top. :)
    Looking forward to visiting your blog again,
    Carly Pugh

    ReplyDelete